#NationalHandbagDay - Luna + Artemis
Moon... Prism... Power! If you know where that phrase and these purses are based on, then we would be the best of friends!
When these babies came into the mail the other week, I was like a giddy little school girl. My happiness could not be contained, and ended up sending pictures to every person I knew to share the awesome-ness that is these purses.
I saw these Luna & Artemis purses (references to Sailormoon) on instagram a while back, and knew I had to get my hands on them. I want to share how I typically locate more affordable items I see on the interweb. I definitely search on "China" websites first. Places likes ebay.com has a lot of Chinese vendors, along with www.aliexpress.com.
Tips on shopping on "China" sites.
- A big warning on using these sites - you have to be careful because they tend to use images from the exact company that they have decided to replicate, which means it does not always look like the picture they have provided.
- Keep looking at all the vendors that sell that item. Get a consensus of the average of what it should cost.
- Do not immediately purchase the cheapest option. You want to see their selling rating, and how much products they have actually sold. The higher, the better.
- Only be ready to purchase if it is at a price that you would not mind potentially wasting your money. Because most products are in China, it takes time for shipping, which then makes it less likely that you would return something if there was an issue with it.
- Never expect the best quality and perfect item because most definitely, there will be something off about it, but the low price should still outweigh that slight defect.
These purses surprised me by their quality. The straps could be built a little better, but it really doesn't ruin the functionality or appearance of the purse at all, so this purchase was a win at $16 each!
Happy National Handbag Day!